VMware learning plan to help you improve your skills in VMware administration:
VMware learning plan for Beginners
Introduction to VMware
- Familiarize yourself with VMware’s virtualization technology and its various products, including vSphere, ESXi, and vCenter Server.
- Understand the benefits of virtualization and how it can be applied in different environments.
- Learn how to install and configure VMware ESXi, the hypervisor used for virtualization.
- Understand the hardware requirements, installation process, and initial configuration steps.
Configuring Virtual Machines
- Explore the process of creating and configuring virtual machines (VMs) in vSphere.
- Learn about different virtual hardware options, disk provisioning, networking, and resource allocation.
Managing Virtual Networks
- Understand the basics of virtual networking in VMware vSphere.
- Learn how to create and configure virtual switches, VLANs, and network adapters for VMs.
- Explore storage concepts and how to configure storage resources in VMware vSphere.
- Learn about datastores, storage protocols, and techniques for optimizing storage performance.
Resource Management and Performance Optimization
- Learn how to effectively manage resources in VMware vSphere.
- Explore concepts such as resource pools, vMotion, Distributed Resource Scheduler (DRS), and High Availability (HA).
vCenter Server and Management Tools
- Gain an understanding of vCenter Server and its role in managing VMware environments.
- Learn how to navigate the vSphere Web Client and use management tools like vSphere Client and vSphere PowerCLI.
Backup and Disaster Recovery
- Explore VMware’s backup and disaster recovery solutions, such as vSphere Data Protection (VDP) and Site Recovery Manager (SRM).
- Learn how to configure backup jobs, perform data restores, and plan for disaster recovery scenarios.
VMware Update Manager and Patching
- Understand how to use VMware Update Manager to manage and apply patches and updates to ESXi hosts and VMs.
- Learn about the patching process, baselines, and best practices for maintaining a secure and up-to-date environment.
Monitoring and Performance Tuning
- Explore performance monitoring and optimization techniques in VMware vSphere.
- Learn how to use tools like vSphere Performance Charts, ESXTOP, and vRealize Operations Manager for performance analysis.
vSphere Security and Permissions
- Understand the security features and best practices in vSphere.
- Learn how to configure user roles, permissions, and access controls to ensure a secure environment.
vSphere Networking Advanced Topics
- Dive into advanced networking topics in VMware vSphere.
- Explore features like distributed switches, network I/O control, load balancing, and VLAN tagging.
Advanced Storage and Virtual SAN
- Learn about advanced storage concepts in VMware vSphere, including storage policies and Virtual SAN (vSAN).
- Understand how to configure and manage vSAN for high-performance storage solutions.
Troubleshooting and Log Analysis
- Develop skills in troubleshooting common issues in VMware environments.
- Learn how to analyze log files, diagnose problems, and implement solutions.
Exam Preparation and Practice
- Review the topics covered in the previous days and identify any areas for further study.
- Take practice exams or quizzes to test your knowledge and prepare for relevant VMware certifications.
Remember to practice hands-on exercises and labs throughout your learning journey to reinforce your understanding of the concepts. Good luck with your VMware administration skills development!
VMware Free Courses :